Release Notes for 2.0.0
KubeSphere 2.0.0 was released on May 18th, 2019.
What's New in 2.0.0
- Support Kubernetes Kubernetes 1.13.5
- Integrate QingCloud Cloud Controller. After installing load balancer, QingCloud load balancer can be created through KubeSphere console and the backend workload is bound automatically.
- Integrate QingStor CSI v0.3.0 storage plugin and support physical NeonSAN storage system. Support SAN storage service with high availability and high performance.
- Integrate QingCloud CSI v0.2.1 storage plugin and support many types of volume to create QingCloud block services.
- Harbor is upgraded to 1.7.5.
- GitLab is upgraded to 11.8.1.
- Prometheus is upgraded to 2.5.0.
- Integrate Istio 1.1.1 and support visualization of service mesh management.
- Enable the access to the project's external websites and the application traffic governance.
- Provide built-in sample microservice Bookinfo Application.
- Support traffic governance.
- Support traffic images.
- Provide load balancing of microservice based on Istio.
- Support canary release.
- Enable blue-green deployment.
- Enable circuit breaking.
- Enable microservice tracing.
DevOps (CI/CD Pipeline)
- CI/CD pipeline provides email notification and supports the email notification during construction.
- Enhance CI/CD graphical editing pipelines, and more pipelines for common plugins and execution conditions.
- Provide source code vulnerability scanning based on SonarQube 7.4.
- Support Source to Image feature.
- Provide Kubernetes component independent monitoring page including etcd, kube-apiserver and kube-scheduler.
- Optimize several monitoring algorithm.
- Optimize monitoring resources. Reduce Prometheus storage and the disk usage up to 80%.
- Provide unified log console in terms of tenant.
- Enable accurate and fuzzy retrieval.
- Support real-time and history logs.
- Support combined log query based on namespace, workload, Pod, container, key words and time limit.
- Support detail page of single and direct logs. Pods and containers can be switched.
- FluentBit Operator supports logging gathering settings: ElasticSearch, Kafka and Fluentd can be added, activated or turned off as log collectors. Before sending to log collectors, you can configure filtering conditions for needed logs.
Alerting and Notifications
- Email notifications are available for cluster nodes and workload resources.
- Notification rules: combined multiple monitoring resources are available. Different warning levels, detection cycle, push times and threshold can be configured.
- Time and notifiers can be set.
- Enable notification repeating rules for different levels.
- Fix RunC Container Escape Vulnerability Runc container breakout
- Fix Alpine Docker's image Vulnerability Alpine container shadow breakout
- Support single and multi-login configuration items.
- Verification code is required after multiple invalid logins.
- Enhance passwords' policy and prevent weak passwords.
- Others security enhancements.
- Optimize multiple user experience of console, such as the switch between DevOps project and other projects.
- Optimize many Chinese-English webpages.
- Support Etcd backup and recovery.
- Support regular cleanup of the docker's image.
- Fix delay updates of the resource and deleted pages.
- Fix the left dirty data after deleting the HPA workload.
- Fix incorrect Job status display.
- Correct resource quota, Pod usage and storage metrics algorithm.
- Adjust CPU usage percentages.
- many more bugfix
Was this page Helpful?
Receive the latest news, articles and updates from KubeSphere
Thanks for the feedback. If you have a specific question about how to use KubeSphere, ask it on Slack. Open an issue in the GitHub repo if you want to report a problem or suggest an improvement.